Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Look What I Found in the Bathroom

So I was getting a little restless in TN although there have been a few wins on the job hunting front and I am now working from home as a New Business and Governance Development Consultant for the Phakamani US Fund. I also had a promising interview with Abt Associates.

Anyways, since my mom and Nana were coming to AZ to paint my mom's new house and because Jenna was opening Define Yourself, LLC on the 1st and seeing as how much I miss Tana and Harlee and like seeing my siblings, I decided at the last minute to fly out. The plan was to arrive an hour or so before my mom and Nana got in from MN and surprise Nana at the gate. Well, due to complications caused solely by US Airways, I missed my connecting flight and so was not able to arrive until after everyone was set to be at dinner. I called Trey and he prepared to come fetch me on the sly. A few moments before my flight was to land he excused himself to go to the bathroom but then snuck out the door and came to the airport (they were at a restaurant only 10 minutes away)!  Just when they were beginning to seriously worry (Jenna even wondered out-loud if he had taken his gun into the bathroom), we returned and I was able to surprise most of them.

At Easter Uncle Gary and Orlean, Nana, Lynda Carey, Lori and Brian and their four kids, Brent and Stephanie and their three kids along with the Colburns and Jim were all together. I got to spend a little time with Camila, Jackie, Josie and Cortney too and the weather was amazing. I was almost fooled by it: Arizona in the Spring is wonderful, but it only lasts for a few weeks. It was a great trip. Her are some snap shots:

Potty Training Success
 



Harley jackets for the new Harley Motorcycle Trey now drives
Mom's new house
The kitchen
A hawk left this gopher head on the post in front of the Colburn's homestead




Jenna on her first day of Define Yourself, LLC