Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Khanya Africa








A couple Saturdays ago two of my favorite co-workers and I went to an event out in the rural area of Okhahlamba. RURAL. It is like a totally different country out there. All the government sectors partnered with the Department of Health to bring needed services to this extremely under-served area. The people may be physically poor, but I know plenty of people who would die for a view like they have. The first time I went out to this area I walked an hour and crossed two rivers, but this time we decided to just take army trucks! It was very exciting (and hot) to be inside them. On the way out one of the tires of the truck ahead of us slipped off the road (I was standing up in the sky roof and saw it happen and almost passed out), but all was fine.