Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Food Parcels

Here are some snap shots of the food parcels we distributed to the Home Based Care Workers that do not get a stipend for their work. I am not posting these here because I am particularly proud of giving away the food (I am more into teaching skills, blah blah, give a man a fish…..), although these women work very hard and are usually very poor themselves, but I am proud that we were able to pull this off because it became quite the fiasco. I wish I could explain why it was a fiasco, but the truth is, it won’t make sense, and if it would make sense, I wouldn’t need to explain!

Another reason why I do not like this food parcel distribution is that no one is ever satisfied – there is always someone who considers themselves left out and then we all feel bad!