Tuesday, May 21, 2013

An Early Summer Recap

Derek and I are still in limbo in Nashville. I am trying to harvest gratitude and patience in my heart, knowing that everything will work out and that the freedom we have right now should be enjoyed and celebrated. Derek is doing a lot of painting (see new pieces below) and is showing his work at the O'Gallery in Nashville as well at several upcoming shows. Very exciting. Additionally he is bartending at a local place a few nights and doing odd house painting jobs for Brooke's company to keep the bank account somewhat satisfied and is being considered for a Grant Writing position. He has so many talents and I am so proud to be his wife. I am lucky that he is being so patient as I continue to hunt down that dream job.

Walk the Line

Heritage 3

Heritage 1
Heritage 2

Road Trip


The hunt is starting to wear me out. I have had several good interviews with organizations I would be happy to work for, but have not landed that full-time job yet.  I am in the thick of it with Technoserve right now and trying to find that sweet spot where hope and acceptance intersect. I am doing consulting work for the Phakamani Foundation and the Community Development Center and started working part-time at Nashville Public Televison in April.  I am being considered for a few board positions,volunteering for Junior Achievement and trying to keep options for Nashville open while still keeping my eyes on the future and my dreams. It is tricky. I get dizzy sometimes.

Some other stuff....

  1. Define Yourself continues to grow. Jenna is a super busy lady now, but when I speak to her I can tell she is very content and happy. I am proud of her.
  2. Anna Rose and Eli have been very busy with baseball. 
  3. Jim is embarking on a big change. He has decided to return to work for  Pizza Hut which will allow him the flexibility he needs to..... START SCHOOL in the Fall.  I am so proud and excited!
  4. Brooke and Jason bought a new house!
  5. We have begun to plan for our own art show called Home Grown for July

Here are some pictures of Spring: