Thursday, March 21, 2013

Remember When.....

Derek just found a copy of the poem he wrote for me back when we were betrothed. I asked him if he still feels the same way and he said, "yep, I sure do."

You Are My Sky

You are my sky.
Under which, even in the distant lands, 
your sun provides nourishment.

You are my sea.
Upon the tide of sweet song
I drift to the shore of surrender.

Your beauties continuously 
shower my eyes like rain.
To soak up your energy
fills my heart with wonder.

Your devotion gives me hope
there is still purity in the world.
Your will is good and strong,
it gives me faith of better days to come.

Have no fear my adored one;
the place we seek is not far off.
The journey will fortify our love.
There is no other I want by my side.

To have you in my life
is to be truly blessed.
To hold you in my arms
renews me like eternal springs.

You are my light,
so I am never in darkness.
You are my destination,
so I never tire.

You are my breath
without which I would gasp.
You are my life
without which I would die.

You are my sky.




What a very lucky woman I am to have such a partner and how relevant that we would travel so far together and truly become each other's homes!